7-Keto™ 25 mg 150
- Derived from DHEA – known as the ‘fountain of youth hormone’.
- For preventing the effects of ageing.
- Positive effect on weight loss and fat mass reduction.
- Is not converted into oestrogen or testosterone.
7-Keto DHEA (3-acetyl-7-oxo dehydroepiandrosterone or 7-oxo DHEA), commonly known as 7-Keto, is a natural metabolite of DHEA which can safely stimulate immune function and reduce body fat mass. Unlike DHEA, 7-Keto is not converted into oestrogens or progesterone.
What is a 7-Keto supplement?
Structurally, 7-Keto is almost identical to DHEA from which it is derived through a natural process of enzymatic conversion. Levels of 7-Keto seem to follow the same pattern over time as those of DHEA: blood concentrations have almost halved by the age of 50. This reduction may be linked to the increases in fat mass and total body weight and impaired immune function seen with advancing age.
7-Keto is significantly more potent than DHEA. At the same dose, it is almost 2.5 times more powerful, and with no side-effects. In fact, 7-Keto may actually be responsible for the majority of the benefits attributed to DHEA. It is more effective at improving memory, as well as inducing, boosting or regulating thermogenesis. It has all the advantages and none of the disadvantages of DHEA and is also safer, thus constituting a real alternative to DHEA.
What does research show about 7-Keto?
Research into 7-Keto has been conducted over the last 10 years or more by Professor Henry A. Lardy and his team at Wisconsin University's Dept of Biochemistry. He has 9 patents-pending on the applications of 7-Keto in strengthening and regulating the immune system, as an aid to treatment of Alzheimer's disease and in promoting weight loss. In particular, his studies have found that:
- In elderly subjects, 100 mg of 7-Keto taken twice a day improved immune function. Animal studies confirm that it significantly boosts immune response capacity;
- 7-Keto works across the process of thermogenesis to effect weight loss. Dr Lardy's research shows how 7-Keto stimulates the activity of three thermogenic enzymes which accelerate oxidation of fatty acids in the liver. It increased their levels by 128% in the case of acyl-coA, 860% for malic enzyme and 138% for deshydrogenase glycerol-3-phosphate;
- 100 mg of 7-Keto taken twice a day, combined with physical exercise and a diet of less than 1800 calories resulted in weight loss of 3kg and a reduction in fat mass of 1.3% over 8 weeks. T3 thyroid activity, a powerful metabolic stimulant, increased significantly.
What is the right dose?
- Studies on 7-Keto and weight loss have generally used 100 mg doses taken twice a day.
- For anti-aging purposes, 25 to 50 mg a day is generally sufficient for healthy individuals. Higher doses may be considered for limited periods, for the purposes of weight loss, when combined with exercise and nutritional advice. 7-Keto should ideally be taken in the morning, with a possible second dose at midday. If taken in the evening, it can stimulate brain activity and may cause insomnia.
- There is no build up over time of 7-Keto in the body. However, even though it is quickly eliminated from the body, relatively high blood levels are achieved within a short period, enabling the benefits to be felt fairly quickly.
Who should take it?
- Anyone who takes DHEA - if they are prepared to pay a little more for an even, safer, more effective supplement.
- Men with excessive testosterone conversion – replacing DHEA with 7-Keto DHEA prevents a simultaneous and unwelcome increase in oestradiol.
- Anyone who wishes to achieve long-term, effective weight control.
- Those for whom DHEA has not worked, or at least not well enough.
7-Keto is neither converted into oestrogen nor progesterone and is significantly safer than DHEA. Doses as high as 500 mg/kg have been given to primates with no harmful side-effects observed. This equates to much higher doses than those recommended for humans. One human toxicity study also showed that a daily dose of 200 mg of 7-Keto had no effect on blood or urinary profiles and was very well-tolerated.
|Daily serving: 2 capsules
Number of servings per bottle: 75
|Quantity per serving|
|Other ingredients: Acacia gum, rice flour.|
Each vegetarian capsule contains 25 mg of 3-acetyl-7-OXO-DHEA (7-Keto DHEA).
Recommended use: adults. Take one or two vegetarian capsules daily at mealtimes or as recommended. Each vegetarian capsule contains 25 mg of 3-acetyl-7-OXO-DHEA (7-Keto DHEA).